There are two types of people in this world – the ones who sail through December hoping that January will bring a fresh start, and the ones who use December proactively to set themselves up for success in the new year. If you are more like the former and wish to be closer to the latter, then this post is for you! We have almost four weeks left of 2017 and the only person deciding how you use them is you. Let’s start January 2018 off on the right foot, who’s with me?
1. Write a list of the things you accomplished in 2017.
2. Take a different route to work one morning.
3. Organize your closet and donate what you don’t wear.
4. Eat at a new restaurant you’ve been meaning to try.
5. Stop the monthly memberships that you’re not using.
6. Meet up with an old friend for a coffee date.
7. Plan and book a trip to take in the new year.
8. Look at the moon and stars on a clear night.
9. Schedule any appointments that you’re overdue for.
10. Mail a card to a family member you don’t see often.
11. Declutter your home and sell the things that have value.
12. Try a new recipe in the kitchen to bake or cook something.
13. Pay back anyone who you’ve borrowed money from.
14. Throw out any expired food in your fridge or pantry.
15. Choose a charity and donate your time, money, etc.
16. Collect any junk you have and drive it to the dump.
17. Read a book you’ve been wanting to read.
18. Put together a list of your goals for 2018.
Let me know which of these you liked the most! How will you be spending your last month of the year?